Latinx Heritage Month: September SF Bay Area Events
Whassup y’all! There is a TON of stuff going on in the Bay Area for Latinx Heritage Month, and we’ve got some highlights here. If you have other events you’re excited about, leave them in the comments! We’ll be back with more for October soon!
- SF – San Francisco Latino Film Festival – 9/20-29
Support Latinx filmmakers and storytellers! Tons of great movies and shorts being shown. Peep the schedule here!
- SF– Afro Latinx Festival – 9/21 – Los Rakas, Bayonics and more are gonna put on a dope show! Head to the Bayview Opera House and enjoy the community vibe! More details on their FB page here.
- Redwood City – Redwood City Salsa Festival – 9/21
Salsa, tequila, music, raffles, and more! There’s a kids play area to so bring the whole family. More info here.
- San Jose – Día de Paz / Day of Peace Celebration – 9/21
Head to Washington Elementary for food, games, and more to celebrate the International Day of Peace! Event page is here.
- SF – Mayor’s Latino Heritage and Awards Ceremony – 9/25
Celebrate those who give back and bring success to the community. Make reservations here.
- SF – Queer Latinx History of the Mission’s 16th Street Corridor – 9/25
Head to the library for some history on this culturally important section of the Mission. Y’all don’t know about Esta Noche? Event page is here.
- Antioch – Super Custom Car Show and Taco Truck Fest – 9/28
I think the event name says it all! More details on their FB event page here.
- South San Francisco – SSF Concert in the Park – 9/28
Bay Area music pioneers Lydia Pense & Cold Blood as well as Latin Grammy Award winner Marlow Rosado will be performing. Also see local high school bands! Great event for the family! More info here.
- SF – La Diáspora Festival – 9/28
Celebrate and explore the intersection of Latino cultures in the US. Lots of music, food, communities and cultures will be here, so represent yours! Check out the event page here.
- Newark – Viva Nicaragua Festival – 9/29
Head to Swiss Park and celebrate Nicaraguan culture and heritage! More deets on the event page here.
- SF – Día de la Ingenería / Latino Engineering Day at the Exploratorium – 9/29
Get the kids and teens out here for some inspiration and fun, and hear from Latinos working in science and tech. Grab a ticket here.