The BBMAs were Latinx AF. Here’s Why.
Wednesday’s Billboard Music Awards has its fair share of unmissable highlights. TSwift opened the ceremony last night, Nick Jonas and Pryanka Chopra (or “Prick”) shared an adorable smooch on camera, and Madonna put up an AR-based performance that – according to TMZ – cost her a casual $5 million. That said, let’s go through other significant moments, which include some of the most beloved Latinxs in the Billboard family:
1. America’s current it girl, Cardi B won 6 awards including, Hot 100 Song, Radio Song & Rap Female Artist.
2. Bad Bunny and J Balvin won Rap Song alongside Cardi B for their banger “I Like It.”
3. Ozuna did that and won Latin Artist, Latin Album and Latin Song.
4. Venezuelan powerhouse Mariah Carey received the Icon Award and the diva performed a career-spanning hits medley.
5. Our favorite pretty boy / dirty boy, Maluma, performed his new hit “Medellin” with the Queen of Pop herself, Madonna.
6. Ciara gave us #SuitGoals with her “Thinkin Bout You” performance.
7. The Jonas Brothers made us fangirl over their fiery rendition of “Jealous,” “Cake by the Ocean,” and “Sucker.”
8. Halsey gave us bisexual representation on national TV with her killer rendition of “Without Me.”
9. Kelly Clarkson proved that she needs to release a full album of today’s hits because she owned every single cover she performed.
10. Paula Abdul closed the award show with a medley that proves how timeless her hits are and announced her new Vegas Residency. Take our money, please.
What were some of your favorite highlights from last night’s Billboard Music Awards? Let us know in the comment section below!