Pandora vs. Spotify: What are the Perks?
Since its birth, online streaming has forever changed the face of the music industry, making it more accessible to people all over the world who have internet. Pandora and Spotify are among the world’s top distributors and streaming services for music, and both are fierce competitors for today’s biggest music lovers.
Rather than create an aggressive pro-con chart, I thought it best to highlight the perks you get for using each respective streaming company.
My good friend Kristie loves Pandora and has been using it for a couple of years. Here’s a few reasons justifying her use of the radio platform:
- Customizing your own station using Pandora modes, a tool that enhances your search for relevant music. You can choose up to six different modes to switch up the kinds of music you’re hearing.
- Great podcast recommendations that closely align with your interests
- Ads on Pandora are not annoying, and you can access free premium after watching the ads
Her favorite radio stations on Pandora? Billie Eilish and El Pulso 🙂
As for me, I’m a Spotify user. Here’s an abbreviated version of what I love about Spotify:
- You can create your own playlist and build your own library of music
- Every week, Spotify creates a Discover Weekly playlist for you based on what you listen to
- A monthly subscription fee of $10.00 per month gives you a completely ad-free experience
- Another thing I love is that I can see what my other friends with Spotify accounts are listening to!