Being An “Organic” Entrepreneur with Massy Arias
Earlier this year, Massy Arias spoke at the #BlogHer Health conference, where she inspired the attendees with her powerful story, and by making a special call for authenticity. In this 24 minute interview, she touches on various topics that will keep you nodding along and feeling refreshingly understood.
Here are some of our key takeaways.
- She worked with what she had. She built her business, her network brick by brick, so don’t be discouraged future entrepreneurs . Good things take time and lots of work.
- “Everything you see, when I opened this blog on Instagram, it was an organic approach to everything. I was just showing my journey.” Her realness and vulnerability reminds us how important it is for people to feel connected, to have a community of support and understanding. This is why she was embraced by others.
- “When you’re poor, when you don’t have any money to pay for a gym or a personal trainer. I had to learn things on my own.” If you’re passionate about something, money doesn’t have to be an obstacle.
- “Everything you see is organic. I handle EVERYTHING.” Her small team as well as her on-hands approach of her Instagram account and wellness programs keeps her grounded and refreshingly real.
- Some tips that have contributed to her success? Start by keeping your integrity intact, create a sisterhood to help each other out, and learn from your failures.
- “WHAT WORKS FOR OTHER PEOPLE MIGHT NOT WORK FOR YOU.” Preach!
- In a time where socialism keeps being brought up, Massy goes with conscious capitalism. “Conscious capitalists: We don’t have to hurt others in order to benefit from what we’re doing,” Massy.
- So what’s next for Massy? As part of her vision to expand her business, she’ll introduce PDFs for her workout plans, create an app and most importantly, plans on writing a book about her life story. Is it too early to preorder our copy?
You can watch the full interview below. Remember, stay authentic.